commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Sparr - www.goomzee.com" <m...@goomzee.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Using the markup language to produce state charts in Windows XP/Explorer Client-side?
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 19:50:50 GMT
Hello Talmage,

For the functionality you describe you could leverage the library to parse
the SCXML document, then write a program that graphically represents the
model (likely an Applet or SVG).  This is overkill for that purpose it
seems.  The markup is more intended for functionality and not presentation
like HTML.

It sounds as though you're looking for a CASE or UML modeling tool instead.
Commons SCXML essentially models the W3C specification in the form of XML
but you would have to program in functionality to perform something like
that.  You're likely better of with an Eclipse IDE plug-in to create your
charts, export as graphic and include in your HTML pages.

See: http://www.objectsbydesign.com/tools/umltools_byPrice.html

SCXML is designed to provide an abstraction between VoiceXML and CCXML which
were embedding flow control elements, etc.  If you read the documentation on
W3C and the Voice Browser working group it describes further - eventually
leading to VoiceXML 3, etc.

Hope that helps!

Mike