commons-user mailing list archives

From Marcus Deluigi <mdelu...@student.ethz.ch>
Subject Re: Javaflow: Ant-Task Bug?
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 12:17:53 GMT
>> Does "ASM based instrumentation" mean the Continuation Class Loader?
>
> Nope ...at the moment the BCEL instrumentation is used by default.

I see.

For the task:
I tried asm 2.2.3 and asm 3.0 RC1, but I always get this exception:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.objectweb.asm.ClassWriter.<init>(ZZ)V

I can't make any sense out of it.
For me, it seems as it's an issue of the JVM: I am using Java 1.5 and
the previous example is using Java Generics.
Could that be cause of the problem?
I could not find any comment in the official documentation (neither
bcel nor asm) but from what I read from the mailing lists,
it seems as if both frameworks don't work with Java 1.5 byte code.

>> That one works fine:
>
> That's weird ..
As I wrote in the update, I think I do something wrong: The loaded
class does not seem to be instrumented.
But I can't figure out what's missing.

> .could please file all these information into a jira issue?
Of course. Even if this is a Java version issue?

Greetings
Marcus