commons-user mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Re: [commons-net, commons-email] help! - How to reduce commons net and email lib sizes?
Date Sat, 05 Aug 2006 03:16:26 GMT
On 8/5/06, Anil Philip <goodnewsforyou@yahoo.com> wrote:
> You mentioned "It's not as sophisticated as proguard
> that does even remove dead code inside classes."
> However Proguard leaves libraries alone. Does your
> minijar operate on libraries? eg. commons-net-1.4.jar
> Or would I have to build the jar from the original
> source?

Not sure what you mean by "However Proguard leaves libraries alone"
...but minijar does work on the jar - no need for the sources. It does
remove unused classes but not methods like proguard does. I personally
found the gain of removing methods too small to justify the effort.
(did a few comparisons)

HTH
--
Torsten