commons-user mailing list archives

From "O'Shea, Sean" <Sean.O'S...@fmr.com>
Subject [commons-beanutils] 2 beans into 1
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:33:26 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using commons-beanutils 1.7.0 and I have 2 beans which I want to
merge into 1.

The first bean extends org.apache.struts.action.ActionForm. It has a few
member variables with corresponding getters and setters.

The second bean is of implements org.apache.commons.beanutils.DynaBean
and is populated with name value pairs from a Map.

What I need to do is merge the properties from the first bean into the
second bean. Is there any utility method I can call to do this?

I tried the copyProperties() method, but I get a
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException saying that there is no method for the
variable from the ActionForm which I am trying to set in the DynaBean.

Has anyone ever encountered such a problem before?

Thanks

Sean O Shea