commons-user mailing list archives

From <frank.bu...@mail.thomson.com>
Subject RE: [DIGESTER] handling mixed content
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 19:53:30 GMT
Thanks for the example, Simon. The SetTextSegmentRule allows me to read
the text within a mixed content element.

However, I think I have another problem now.

In my project I cannot read any of the CHILD ELEMENTS within a mixed
content element -- using, for example, addCallMethod() and
addCallParam().

Obviously, this is a different issue, because I CAN do this using the
simple example you supplied.

CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME CLUES AS TO WHY DIGESTER WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO READ
ANY OF THE CHILD ELEMENTS IN A MIXED CONTENT ELEMENT?

Thanks,

Frank.

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon Kitching [mailto:skitching@apache.org]
Sent: 26 August 2006 08:24
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [digester] handling mixed content

Hi Frank,

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 15:30 +0100, frank.burns@mail.thomson.com wrote:
> I have been trawling through the archives in an effort to find
> information on how to use Digester to handle elements in mixed
content.

> I have found some references (c2004) to a patch by Simon Kitching. But
> have no idea whether that work was concluded and rolled into the
latest
> version of Digester and whether, if this is the case, how to use it
(or
> anything alternative in Digester) to allow me to deal with mixed
> content.
>
> Can anyone give me some leads, please?

Download the source code and see
  src/examples/api/document-markup
or look directly at the svn repo here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/digester/trunk/sr
c/examples/api/document-markup/

Note that this hasn't been heavily tested; I used it in one project but
am not sure if this approach has ever had other users. Still, it all
works as far as I know..

Regards,

Simon