commons-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin Cummings" <Kevin.Cummi...@cs.oag.state.tx.us>
Subject Re: [commons-ftp] newbie qs. can I simply set FTPClient.setFileType(FTP.BINARY_FILE_TYPE)?
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:01:55 GMT
I've not tried this with Commons FTP but I can tell you from experience
with other FTP packages that this is not a good idea. You'll basically
end up with files that have the right size but are unreadable in a text
editor.

You're better off setting the indicator based on what you know about
the file.

Good Luck!
.:. Kevin

Kevin Cummings
IT/Systems Development
Child Support Division
Texas Office of the Attorney General
Email: kevin.cummings@cs.oag.state.tx.us
Phone: (512) 460-6421
Fax: (512) 460-6800

>>> Anil Philip <goodnewsforyou@yahoo.com> 8/24/2006 9:58 AM >>>

Hello,
I need to send across both text and audio files from
Windows desktop to Linux server.
Instead of keeping track of which is binary and which
is ascii and setting the flag each time, can I simply
set FTPClient.setFileType(FTP.BINARY_FILE_TYPE)?
thanks,
Anil

for good news go to
http://members.tripod.com/~goodnewsforyou/goodnews.html