commons-user mailing list archives

From Luca Quarello <lucaquare...@gmail.com>
Subject smtp server connection problems
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:11:40 GMT
Hi,
I have created a simple webapp that sends emails using jakarta commons
lib (I have copied the sample "Sending HTML formatted email").
I have used as SMTP SERVER smtp.mail.yahoo.it with authentication.
I have deployed it into two different machine, one at home (A) and the
other on a remote site (B) and both have tomcat 5.5.x.
The problem is that the webapp at home (A) works fine, while the
other one (B) not.
The logs for  B is:
"org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: Sending the email to the
following server failed : smtp.mail.yahoo.it:25
Caused by: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException"

I have checked my username and password and I have tried again but I
have the same error.
So I have put setDebug(true) and these are the logs:

WEBAPP A:
DEBUG SMTP: useEhlo true, useAuth true
DEBUG SMTP: trying to connect to host "smtp.mail.yahoo.it", port 25

220 smtp008.mail.ukl.yahoo.com ESMTP
DEBUG SMTP: connected to host "smtp.mail.yahoo.it", port: 25

WEBAPP B:
DEBUG SMTP: useEhlo true, useAuth true
DEBUG SMTP: trying to connect to host "localhost", port 25, isSSL false

220-tss16.serverconfig.com ESMTP Exim 4.52 #1 Wed, 09 Aug 2006 23:57:20
+0200
220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport
unsolicited,
220 and/or bulk e-mail.
DEBUG SMTP: connected to host "localhost", port: 25
535 Incorrect authentication data
org.apache.commons.mail.EmailException: Sending the email to the
following server failed : smtp.mail.yahoo.com:25

It seems that the webapp B tries to connect to the SMTP server of the
host where I have deployed it.

How can I solve the problem? Do you have any idea?

Thanks very much,
Luca