commons-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use different groupId for m2 repos?
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:56:49 GMT
Jason Dillon wrote:
> Any plans to use a different groupId, like org.apache.jakarta.commons
> for artifacts deployed to m2 repos?
>
> I've been seeing some really odd behavior caused by artifacts pulled
> from an m1 repo for an m2 build.  Specifically, in Geronimo we have to
> pull some artifacts from the m1 repo, but since artifacts like
> commons-logging 1.0.4 are in both, out m2 build starts complaining about
> invalid poms because m2 downloads the m1 artifacts instead of the m2
> artifacts.
>
> If the m2 artifacts had a different groupId this problem would go away.
>
> Any plans to change the groupIds?
>
> --jason

Yes, the current plan is to change the groupId for commons components to
org.apache.commons.

But they will still be deployed to the Maven 1 repo, since we still use
Maven 1 in commons. The artifacts and poms are then converted and put
into the Maven 2 repo. This is done automatically. That will be the
state until commons decides to move from Maven 1 to Maven 2.

--
Dennis Lundberg