commons-user mailing list archives

From Denis Haskin <>
Subject Re: dbcp and hibernate - configuration?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 16:04:04 GMT
Answering myself here (with another question).

This page [1] says that "Not all features of DBCP were supported [in
Hibernate 2] and with Hibernate3 this limited implementation was
deprecated." and then provides the source code for a
DBCPConnectionProvider.  Should I use that?

Thanks again,

Denis Haskin wrote:
> I'm a little baffled about dbcp and hibernate.  We're moving toward
> hibernate but of course still have a lot of access through straight JDBC.
> [...]
> I suspect this is not correct and that Hibernate is not using the
> connection pool.
> Can someone point me in the right direction or point me to a sample
> hibernate.cfg.xml or that configures hibernate to
> use dbcp?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message