commons-user mailing list archives

From Denis Haskin <de...@haskinferguson.net>
Subject dbcp and hibernate - configuration?
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 15:39:25 GMT
I'm a little baffled about dbcp and hibernate.  We're moving toward
hibernate but of course still have a lot of access through straight JDBC.

If I have .jocl files which are correctly causing JDBC connections to
use the connection pool, do I need to configure hibernate for dbcp as well?

In my hibernate.cfg.xml we've got:
    <session-factory>
        <property
name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</property>
        <property
name="connection.url">jdbc:apache:commons:dbcp:/databasename</property>
...etc...

We have no dbcp-specific properties in this file.

I suspect this is not correct and that Hibernate is not using the
connection pool.

Can someone point me in the right direction or point me to a sample
hibernate.cfg.xml or hibernate.properties that configures hibernate to
use dbcp?

Much thanks!

dwh