commons-user mailing list archives

From "Guofeng Zhang" <guof...@radvision.com>
Subject RE: [SCXML] How to express 'evnet name/action' of a transition in Commons SCXML?
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:50:22 GMT
Rahul,

Thanks. It is very helpful.

Does commons SCXML support <script>? I do not find any thing describing
it on the site.

Guofeng

-----Original Message-----
From: Rahul Akolkar [mailto:rahul.akolkar@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 2:44 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [SCXML] How to express 'evnet name/action' of a transition
in Commons SCXML?

Corrected prefix in email subject ...

On 8/28/06, Guofeng Zhang <guofeng@radvision.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For a transition in a statechart, we can depict the transition as
"event
> name/action" in UML diagram, but I do not know how to express it in
> commons SCMXML. I want to call a method in a Java class in the action
> when the event is fired.
>
> I read the user guide and browse the SCMXL specification; they only
> describe how to use actions in a state. I can not figure out how to
use
> the action in a transition.
>
> Could anyone kindly give me a sample about it?

<snip/>

<transition event="foo.bar" cond="..." target="...">
   <my:actions ... />  <!-- one or more standard, or custom actions -->
</transition>

Maybe also see:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/scxml/guide/using-commons-scxml.html

for a discussion about what it means to map a generic state machine to
a particular domain of interest.

If you have other questions, please let us know.

-Rahul