commons-user mailing list archives

From "THOMAS, JAYANT \(SBCSI\)" <jt8...@att.com>
Subject RE: Shale + SCXML integration:
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 00:18:34 GMT
Have Shale framework ever been used in large scale production
environment.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rahul Akolkar [mailto:rahul.akolkar@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 2:13 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: Shale + SCXML integration:

<snip/>

> If we use an executor per active instance of a dialog (i.e. per
ScxmlContext
> in the sandbox API), then we don't have to worry about anything -- a
JSF
> view can only be accessed by one thread at a time, so we should be OK.
The
> only time we'd have to worry about it is if shared a single executor
for an
> entire user, in session scope.

<snap/>

Thats great, thats what the dialog2 patch from earlier today does.
OTOH, the usecases example on the Commons SCXML website follows the
legacy dialog API, so warrants a note to that effect.

All state machine abstractions will have a critical region, wonder how
other "dialog" technologies have solved this.

-Rahul