commons-user mailing list archives

From "THOMAS, JAYANT \(SBCSI\)" <jt8...@att.com>
Subject RE: Shale + SCXML integration:
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 00:16:36 GMT
So we are not parsing the sxcml per request, the current implementation
in the usecase looks like it is parsing the document per session and
storing the scxml executor in the session.
Thanks
Jayant

-----Original Message-----
From: Rahul Akolkar [mailto:rahul.akolkar@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 2:13 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: Shale + SCXML integration:

<snip/>

> If we use an executor per active instance of a dialog (i.e. per
ScxmlContext
> in the sandbox API), then we don't have to worry about anything -- a
JSF
> view can only be accessed by one thread at a time, so we should be OK.
The
> only time we'd have to worry about it is if shared a single executor
for an
> entire user, in session scope.

<snap/>

Thats great, thats what the dialog2 patch from earlier today does.
OTOH, the usecases example on the Commons SCXML website follows the
legacy dialog API, so warrants a note to that effect.

All state machine abstractions will have a critical region, wonder how
other "dialog" technologies have solved this.

-Rahul