commons-user mailing list archives

From Anil Philip <goodnewsfor...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [commons-net ftp] how to ftp a zipped file and unzip it at the other end?
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 22:21:21 GMT
Thank you - I think the ssh option is interesting. I
could be mistaken but it strikes me that it would have
the downside of allowing the user to wander all over
the machine if he decided to manually try it - since
he can read the unix user name and password from the
config files. It would be impractical to create a unix
account for each application user client; instead, am
thinking of having each client have a separate
directory (not any better). Ftp does not allow the
user to go anywhere outside his home directory.
thanks,
Anil