commons-user mailing list archives

From Anil Philip <>
Subject [commons-net] Remote JFileChooser using Commons.Net ftp?
Date Sun, 06 Aug 2006 01:28:17 GMT
I want to display the files in a remote folder using
ftp. (
>From all the googling I have done, it seems I must
subclass FileSystemView and pass it to
the JFileChooser.
However, FileSystemView returns File from several of
its methods.
Must I again subclass File? This would be tedious and
further, how can I create a File on the remote
machine? (not possible in ftp, only directory)

public File createFileObject(File dir, String
public File createFileObject(String path)
protected File createFileSystemRoot(File f)

If you know whether there is any existing code that
solves the problem, it would help much!
Anil Philip

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail: