commons-user mailing list archives

From Anil Philip <>
Subject [commons-net, commons-email] help! - How to reduce commons net and email lib sizes?
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 17:50:59 GMT
I have a very pressing problem.
My application is distributed via Java Webstart, hence
it needs to be sensitive to download times and is only
about < 300Kb.
I also need to do basic ftp, and send basic email with
an attachment. However the library sizes are
overwhelming when I use Commons Net and Commons Email.
Here are the library sizes:

1) javamail: mail.jar - 349Kb
2) Java Activation Framework: activation.jar - 55 Kb
3) Commons.Net - 177 Kb
4) Commons Email - 23 Kb

Thus the Commons libs are TWICE my application size!!!
Can anyone suggest a solution?
Much appreciate any help.

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail: