commons-user mailing list archives

From Julius Davies <>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] Timeout appears to be twice of requested
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 18:58:16 GMT
The socket timeout will only apply to your final "stall".  After
recieving the headers and the beginning of the response, the timer will
be reset back to 0 and start counting up.

On Thu, 2006-03-08 at 11:46 -0700, lpcarmed wrote:
> In my test scenario the first read operation is blocked. The
> only came after 2x of the timeout. I'm using
> a slow responding http server, that pumps out the headers and the beginning
> of the response fast, but stalls before reaching the full content length.
> Is it possible HttpcClient swallows one and
> retries the read operation?

Julius Davies
Senior Application Developer, Technology Services
Credit Union Central of British Columbia
Tel: 604-730-6385
Cel: 604-868-7571
Fax: 604-737-5910

1441 Creekside Drive