commons-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@wamu.net>
Subject How to make HttpClient NOT send "Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive"?
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 22:04:43 GMT
This may seem strange, but is it possible to make HttpClient NOT send
the "Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive" header?

I'm trying to write a test tool to load test an outside web service, but
doing it in a way that is somewhat consistent with an internal
application that will be calling that outside web service.  My test tool
can send the message multiple times so we can generate statistics on the
roundtrip time.  What I first noticed is that when I send N messages on
a thread, the 2nd-Nth message is faster than the first one.  After
examining the protocol behavior in Ethereal, I noticed that HttpClient
appears to be sending a "Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive" header.  If I
modified my test code to add a manual delay (9-10 seconds) between each
message send, then the 2nd-Nth message timings were about the same as
the first one.

I'd prefer not to have that manual delay between each message.  For the
sake of getting consistent results, is there any way to disable the
sending of the "Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive" header?