commons-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@wamu.net>
Subject [httpclient] SOAP req with SSL, proxy auth, and basic auth doesn't send basic auth or SOAPAction headers
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 21:27:46 GMT
I have a standalone tool using SAAJ/SOAPConnection that I use to send a
web service request to an external provider, through SSL, with
proxy-auth and basic-auth.  This works fine.  When I use Ethereal to
monitor the protocol, I see the initial HTTP packet sending the
Proxy-Authorization, Authorization, User-Agent, and SOAPAction headers
(the last is set manually in my code), along with some other
miscellaneous headers.

I'm now working on an implementation (sending the same message) using
commons-httpclient-3.0rc3, in WebLogic 8.1.4, with JDK 1.4.2.  What I
find through Ethereal is that the first HTTP packet sends the
User-Agent, followed by a 407 (proxy auth required) response, followed
by an HTTP packet sending the proxy-authorization header.  I never see
it send the Authorization header (basic) or the SOAPAction header
(manually set by my code).

I'm using "client.getState().setProxyCredentials()" and
"client.getState().setCredentials()" to set the auth and proxy-auth
data.  I'm using "postMethod.addRequestHeader()" to add the SOAPAction
header.

What could I do to get more information about what is going wrong, or
fix the problem in the first place?