commons-user mailing list archives

From "David Siegal" <David.Sie...@SoliloquyLearning.com>
Subject Abandoned Connection Handling Configuration in DBCP API
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 02:08:55 GMT
I want an easy way to track down connection leaks in our code (usually
because connections are opened and not closed), and it looks like the
logAbandoned parameter described here
(http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/configuration.html) might help. But
I'm creating and managing the connection pool directly in the code using the
DBCP API. I see that the PoolableConnection class has constructors that take
an AbandonedConfig object, but AbandonedConfig is deprecated. Is there
another way to set this up? (Or is there some better way of detecting
leaks)?

Thanks so much,

David