commons-user mailing list archives

From Miguel Muñoz <SwingGuy1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [CLI] Required and Optional Groups
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 19:58:26 GMT
Andrew,

Food for thought: I'm not sure if this is contained in your recent
bug reports on this problem, but there seems to be a second issue
here that should be addressed. In the example below, the DB/SCM/SCW
is in one group, and the -s is in a different group, but they're
displayed with a single set of square brackets around them. as in
line 2 below: It seems to me that this is also a bug. The child group
should get its own set of square brackets, as in line 1 below.

Was this also reflected in your two recent bug reports?

-- Miguel

On Jul 28, 2006, at 2:45 AM, Andrew Shirley wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 11:44:12AM -0700, Miguel Muñoz wrote:
>> Andrew,
>>
>> Thank you for the suggestion, but it didn't work. Although some of
>> the info in my post was wrong. I claimed I was getting this:
>>
>>       ShellCommand [-DB|-SCM|-SCW] [-s <source>]           // line 1
>>
>> I was actually getting this:
>>
>>       ShellCommand [-DB|-SCM|-SCW -s <source>]           // line 2
>>
>> What I want hasn't changed:
>>
>>       ShellCommand -DB|-SCM|-SCW [-s <source>]
>
> The problem is that the 'all' group is has a minimum of 0 and so gets
> square-bracketed. This is incorrect as we know that project group is
> required and so we will have to have at least one argument. I'm not
> really sure of a way to solve this, I think we will have to improve
> the
> concept of when a group is optional. It will validate the arguments
> correctly and it is just the HelpFormatter which is incorrect. As an
> aside, I found that Groups aren't counted in thw minimum/maximum count
> and I think this is wrong as if they were counted, you could give it a
> hint by saying that all has a minimum of 1 (the project group) however
> as it stands, this would make -s required. I will file a bug about
> these
> things shortly.
>
> Sorry this wasn't more helpful.
>
> Andrew Shirley

Miguel Muñoz
SwingGuy1024@yahoo.com
323/225-7285

The Sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on
it, can still ripen a vine of grapes like it had nothing else to do
in the world.

   -- Galileo

There are seven sins in the world.
     Wealth without work.
     Pleasure without conscience.
     Knowledge without character.
     Commerce without morality.
     Science without humanity.
     Worship without sacrifice.
     Politics without principle.

   -- Mohandas Gandhi

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will come in the
guise of fighting a foreign enemy.

   -- James Madison