commons-user mailing list archives

From Marcus Deluigi <>
Subject Javaflow: Reference to the Runnable?
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:00:41 GMT
Hi there!

I am using javaflow.
What I want to do is the following:
Call Continuation.suspend() from within a thread.
Transfer the Continuation object over the network
call Continuation.continueWith(..)

_but_: in order to let the thread work properly at another place
within the network, I want to update a few references within the
thread and to the thread (for the thread communication).
Is it possible to get access to the 'runnable object' within the
continuation object?

I am searching for something like:
which is null if there is nothing assigned.

Is something like this possible?

If not, will it be implemented?

I don't know if it is possible, to alter the continuation object,
_before_ it has been continued with Continuation.continueWith( ..),
but I think it should be possible to alter it after it has been
continued. I think, the method could return null or throw an
exception if it is called without a running thread.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message