commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <>
Subject Re: [Configuration] Writing back propertiest with multiple values
Date Fri, 28 Jul 2006 19:12:05 GMT
Borut BolĨina wrote:
> Hello,
> probably my question relates to CONFIGURATION-104.
> If I have a properies file with this entry (can't change = legacy)
> = all:one, two, three
> and if I use this properties file to write back to (some changed
> entries, some new ones), but the entry should just be written
> back as it is. Currently (1.2) this entry is writen back as
> all: one
> two
> three
> Is there a way to prevent that?
> Cheers,
> Borut
Hello Borut,

there is a new class PropertiesConfigurationLayout in subversion, which
was recently checked in. With this class you can define for each
multi-value property, whether it should be written on a single line or
not. You can also set a global flag, which forces all properties to be
written on single lines.

A PropertiesConfigurationLayout object is associated with each instance
of PropertiesConfiguration and can be obtained using the getLayout() method.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message