commons-user mailing list archives

From Philippe Poulard <Philippe.Poul...@sophia.inria.fr>
Subject Re: Does Jelly support tag functions?
Date Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:04:08 GMT
Kees van Dieren wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does Jelly suppor tag functions, such as:
> <ct:myCustomTag customAttr="${tagf:sqr(33)}"/>

hi,

I don't know if Jelly support it, but RefleX does :
<ct:myCustomTag customAttr="{tagf:sqr(33)}"/>
just remove the $ sign that is exclusively used for properties : in
fact, when you used to write ${foo} in Jelly and others, you have to
write {$foo} in RefleX and XSLT ; the main difference is that you have
an XPath expression within the curly brackets, which allows you to
compute things like this : {$foo + tagf:sqr(33)} or like that :
{$foo//bar[@oof]} or anything else à la XPath
moreover, RefleX offers you the possibility to define your custom
function tagf:sqr() with a Java class or with other tags (like a macro
mechanism) ; this is also possible for your own custom tag, and even for
your custom properties

have a look here :
http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/
and here :