commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [commons-vfs] JDBM provider
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2006 07:55:36 GMT
Hi Jason!
> Does anyone of a JDBM-based (http://jdbm.sourceforge.net/) VFS provider?
I dont know one. Why wouldnt you start off with a jdbc based provider?
If you put the queries in its own file we can adjust them per database.

> If not... any pointers on how to implement such a provider?
I guess you have to maintain your own datastructure (at least with jdbm)
so maybe the RamFileProvider would be a good strating point. I havent
thought about the very last detail, but maybe the jdbc based solution
might be easier to implement as then you do not really have to have a
internal datastructure.
Then you might be starting with e.g. the SmbFileProvider.

Ciao,
Mario