commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <>
Subject Re: [jelly] How to define tag inline as "subroutine" that is only executed when called?
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 21:28:05 GMT
Karr, David wrote:
> I now need to define blocks that I can call at different times, with
> different parameter values.  It looks like this would be done with the
> "tag" tag.  I'm guessing that I don't define what parameters it can
> take, it will just take any XML attributes set in the tag call and
> assign those to implicit variables.
<define:taglib uri="x">
  <define:tag name="b">b</define:tag>

does output bb
> Thanks.  I did manage to find them, although by sort of an awkward path.
> I found a note in the mail archive showing replacements of the contents
> of those scripts, so I was able to see a reasonably current state of
> them.  This link to the repository is a better way to get to them.  I
> wish this link was on the Jelly site.  I imagine it's up on the Jakarta
> site.
Mmmmh... that's in the normal place where it is always for
maven-generated sites and where I extracted it from:
- jelly site
- project-info
- source-repository
Maybe we do not cultivate well enough yet a notion of search of our

View raw message