commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <>
Subject Re: [commons vfs] ftp DefaultFileMonitor issue
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 07:19:45 GMT
Hi Tony!
>   DefaultFileSystemManager mgr = new DefaultFileSystemManager();
you can use the StandardFileSystemManager to avoid adding every provider
by hand. It will behave like VFS.getManager() then, just that you are
able to set the cache strategy before init().

> org.apache.commons.vfs.impl.DefaultFileMonitor.addFile(DefaultFileMonito
> 	at TestFileMonitor.main(
> org.apache.commons.vfs.cache.OnCallRefreshFileObject
> 	at
> org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.ftp.FtpFileObject.getInfo(FtpFileObject.
> java:173)

The ClassCastException is the reason, I committed a fix for this,
though, I have no time to test it yet.
Could you please do this.

You have to checkout VFS from SVN and use ANT to build the stuff.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message