commons-user mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <>
Subject Re: [commons-lang] seek information regarding commons-lang package
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2006 06:10:56 GMT
On 7/2/06, Simon Kitching <> wrote:
> Hi Venkat,
> On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 11:04 +0530, Venkat Narayana, Noida wrote:
> > Dear Members,
> >
> >     we are using Commons-lang version 2.0 in our project. Recently my management
took a decision to migrate the application from websphere 4.0 to websphere 6.0. I have a few
queries regarding the compatabily of the Commons-lang freeware on the new platform. could
you please provide this information?

Any reason why you're not considering version 2.1? It was released a
little over 12 months ago.

> > 3. Can you provide information on the user base for this freeware. or any website
links where I can get the information.
> Sorry, don't have any exact links I can give you but it is very widely
> used.

The report at ""
shows the 25 most depended on artifacts within the Maven repository.
Lang is in at 12th, which is a pretty decent position I think as I
believe it's used more within companies than by other open source
projects (which this report is highly skewed towards).

There are some 12,000 or so jars in the maven repository.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message