commons-user mailing list archives

From David <achepat...@yahoo.es>
Subject [CLI] beginner's question about the Ant example
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 23:33:05 GMT
In order to acces to the remaining argument you can use: getValues methods variants.

  On my opinon the best solution is to use: getValues(Option), so you can  put all your Options
into a Map then you can retrieve the value of a  particular option in a unique way. The getValues(String),
is less  elegant on my humble opinion (You don't have a garantee of unicity, if  group of
option has the same option name as root option, with the  String form you can't distinguish
which option, but with Option you can  distinguish it)

  If you want to use CLI, a better option is to use CL2 (not released yet, but it is stable).
Then look into the following links:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/cli/trunk/
  http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-cli/
  http://www.manning.com/goyal/