commons-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@wamu.net>
Subject [jelly] How to define tag inline as "subroutine" that is only executed when called?
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 21:11:00 GMT
I now need to define blocks that I can call at different times, with
different parameter values.  It looks like this would be done with the
"tag" tag.  I'm guessing that I don't define what parameters it can
take, it will just take any XML attributes set in the tag call and
assign those to implicit variables.

So, I figured I would define these near the top of my script, and call
them further down.  What I found is that when I executed my script, it
tried to execute the body of my defined tag, even before I had called it
(it complained about variables not being set).

How do I define a new tag, or block, or something, so that it's only
called when I need to call it?