commons-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@wamu.net>
Subject RE: [jelly] simple script fails with: No suitable driver
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2006 17:31:15 GMT
I've made progress on this.  No offense, but I can see several areas
where the documentation and error-handling could be better.  The links
to the samples on the web sites return 404s, but I was able to find a
reasonable example by finding a commit to one of the test scripts in the
mailing list archives.  From that, I could see that several wild guesses
I made on what parameters are required were wrong, and some of those
guesses returned exceptions without any useful diagnostics.

I thought I had to reference a specific datasource in the "sql:query"
tag, and I couldn't find any variation of the "dataSource" value that
would work.  From the example, I realized that you can leave that out
entirely, and just let it use the default datasource, which is
apparently whatever datasource you define in the "setDataSource" tag.

I also discovered that a "sql:query" without a "var" attribute throws an
NPE.  Now I have to figure out what I can do with the var I've set.

At least I'm not throwing exceptions anymore.