commons-user mailing list archives

From "Tony Cooke" <>
Subject RE: [commons vfs] ftp DefaultFileMonitor issue
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 07:26:21 GMT
Hi Mario.

I'll make the changes you recommend and build VFS again as requested.

Thanks for your help... and I gather, good morning. :-)

All the best,

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Ivankovits []
Sent: Thursday, 6 July 2006 4:50 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [commons vfs] ftp DefaultFileMonitor issue

Hi Tony!
>   DefaultFileSystemManager mgr = new DefaultFileSystemManager();
you can use the StandardFileSystemManager to avoid adding every provider
by hand. It will behave like VFS.getManager() then, just that you are
able to set the cache strategy before init().

> 	at TestFileMonitor.main(
> org.apache.commons.vfs.cache.OnCallRefreshFileObject
> 	at
> java:173)

The ClassCastException is the reason, I committed a fix for this,
though, I have no time to test it yet.
Could you please do this.

You have to checkout VFS from SVN and use ANT to build the stuff.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: