commons-user mailing list archives

From "Kedar Panse" <>
Subject RE: [commons-net] FTP over SSL?
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 08:37:12 GMT
It should be possible. Few things you have to do:

1. Write MySecureSocketFactory which implements SocketFactory (CreateSocket
will return a SSLSocket in this factory)
2. FTPClient client=new FTPClient();
            client.setSocketFactory(new MySecureSocketFactory());

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Cheshire []
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 1:42 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: [commons-net] FTP over SSL?

Looking through the archives, there are a few questions dating back to
2004 about being able to use commons-net FTP client to do an FTP transfer
over an SSL connection, but no concrete answer about yes/no/coming.

The closest to a concrete answer I found is this, from March 2006:

So I'll pose the question again - is it possible to do FTP over SSL with
commons-net? If so, how?

What needs changing from a standard implementation of FTPClient to get it to

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: