commons-user mailing list archives

From "Michiel Kalkman" <michielgkalk...@gmail.com>
Subject Usage of commons-config
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 12:33:46 GMT
Hi,

We're considering the use of commons-config in our projects.

Can anyone tell me whether commons-config can be used in combination with
any of the following frameworks ? (*)

Struts
Log4j
Cocoon
Hibernate
Spring

(*) And by this I mean in particular whether it is easy to use the variables
specified in a (previously read) commons configuration.

Also, I wondered how variables are being evaluated. Is there a standard
class which processes the XML files BEFORE they are added to a Configuration
instance ? I.e. some kind of SAX XML filter ? Would be nice, as other
projects could use this very same mechanism to first evaluate variables,
before evaluating content.

Or are the values first added to a Configuration instance and only
afterwards evaluated ? Is there any relation with variable processing as in
Ant ?

Thanks and regards,
Michiel