commons-user mailing list archives

From "Konstantin G" <kgorsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Digester - help getting the <!-- comments --> from a tag
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 16:41:36 GMT
Hello All,

I am using Digester for an xml parsing project ( quite successfully)
and I need some help figuring out how to save the contents of a
comment within a given tag, such as:

        <prompt>

          <!-- <audio expr="file.wav'"/> -->
        </prompt>

I am specifically looking for occurrences of the commented out tag
audio, and if there is a way to parse comments for xml tags, that
would be great.  Minimally, I would like to save the comments ( or the
entirety of the text between the start and end of the tag) to a
string.  Since Digester uses SAX parsing, which might ignore comments,
I am not sure if this is possible in the scope of Digester.