commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] migration from old source to current - digest, exec, context handling
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 07:07:14 GMT
On 6/21/06, Mike Sparr - www.goomzee.com <mike@goomzee.com> wrote:
> I tried
>
> <state id="something">
>
> <datamodel>
> <data name="foo"/>
> </datamodel>
>
> <transition event="something" cond="${Conversation.request == '1'}">
>  <assign name="foo" expr="'bar'"/>
>  <send ... Namelist="foo">
>  </send>
> </transition>
>
> </state>

and
> <data> are not capturing any data at all.  Context is storing Conversation
> obj which is accessible throughout.

<snip/>

See:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/scxml/guide/datamodel.html

In particular, the sections on references to data and assignments. In
a nutshell, use the "name" attribute of <assign> with <var>
definitions and the "location" attribute with <data> definitions.

> I looked through all your tests and don't see any <doc-name>.xml that test
> out the log or EL.  In addition, your SCXMLTestHelper seems to only support
> JEXL.

<snap/>

You may have just missed them, for example (for EL):

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/scxml/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/scxml/env/jsp/

and "hello world" uses <log>, amongst other examples:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/scxml/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/scxml/hello-world.xml

SCXMLTestHelper defaults to JEXL, but thats merely a convenience.

> Suggest test of datamodel, var, assign and send.  Not sure on what has
> changed but temporarily will work with old codebase.  :(

<snip/>

IMO, there has always been a (relatively easy) migration path for
early [scxml] users from the sandbox days and so I'd definitely like
to help here. However, since I'm traveling, please do me a favor and
write the smallest possible test case that does not work, and file a
ticket in JIRA (along with a brief explanation of why you think the
test should work, if that isn't obvious):

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/scxml/issue-tracking.html

Thanks.

-Rahul