commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <>
Subject Re: [SCXML] migration from old source to current - digest, exec, context handling
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:44:43 GMT
On 6/19/06, Mike Sparr - <> wrote:
> :) Doh!  Nevermind.  I see you set the params BEFORE digestion.  That is
> resolved and thankfully I don't have to branch the library.  :)

Definitely a good thing, for both of us :-)

> Regarding the EL issue, yes I stuck with EL instead of JEXL (reverted
> rather).  I need to look at JSTL as you recommended to handle string
> functions.  Yes, the cb is in the context and EL works in controller but
> after updating code, it doesn't evaluate in Dispatcher?
> I didn't get that resolved but going to add some more debug.outs to find out
> what's happening with the context.  As I stated before, the controller
> places the executor in a store (bridge) after instantiation and the cb in
> context stores the handle (getClientIdentifier) so it can be retrieved.
> Everything worked fine until update so there must be some minor change I'm
> not seeing.

I haven't grasped the details of your code, so its hard for me to say
what is amiss. If you can localize what bit is failing, we can
possibly get further.

> I did notice that when updating /lib/ with the dependent jars a few things
> broke so I reverted back to prior versions [digester, beanutils, logging,
> el, etc.].  Just trying to get it stable again before plugging in new
> functionality and staying as close to spec as possible (hence updating
> library).

If you remember, what updates broke what part of the library? Would be
good to know. [scxml] Commons dependencies are pretty much the newest
versions (though I suspect it will be possible to use many lower
versions, ofcourse that can only be evaluated on a case-by-case basis
-- the perils of versioned dependencies et al).

> I'll keep digging - if I find out what it was I can let you know.  If
> anything, early adopters can have a migration path to new version.  :)

Yes, thats important. Please note that my replies will be very slow
over the next three weeks, but that is because of some high amount of
travel, rather than anything else.

> Best,
> Mike

To unsubscribe, e-mail: