commons-user mailing list archives

From "karthik" <karth...@xius.org>
Subject DATASOURCE AND CLASSCASTE EXCEPTION
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 12:44:02 GMT

HI FORM

Apologies.......

  When i  am using an ordinary Coded Connection pool for my Web
application,the application responds in perfect manner,
  But on replaicing the Coded Connection pool with Datasource avaliable from
Web container,i get Errors on Oracle Type
  Specific API like "ArrayDiscriptor" ,like ClassCastException as below

=

java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolingDataSource$PoolGuardConnectionWrapper
	at oracle.sql.ArrayDescriptor.createDescriptor(ArrayDescriptor.java:108)
	at
com.infinet.clc.VoucherProfileDB.insertProfile(VoucherProfileDB.java:581)
	at
org.apache.jsp.clc.clc_005fvoucher_005fprofile_005fnew_005fsubmit_jsp._jspSe
rvice(org.apache.jsp.clc.clc_005fvoucher_005fprofile_005fnew_005fsubmit_jsp:
413)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:3
22)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
	at
FilterChain.java:252)
	at
ain.java:173)
	at
va:213)
	at
va:178)
	at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase
.java:432)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126
)
	at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105
)
	at
:107)
	at
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:868)
	at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processC
onnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:663)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.jav
a:527)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWo
rkerThread.java:80)
	at
a:684)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

  On searching the Web found some links as below

"http://www.archivum.info/commons-user@jakarta.apache.org/2005-02/msg00132.h
tml"

 stating the problem is with the Wrapper of commons and not that of Oracle
API

 I also tried doing same as replied in the URL, STILL I GET THIUS ERROR
thrown on the console and the
 transaction maintained by the Oracle API is NOT DONE SUCESSFULLY.

Please some body suggest me a work around for the same

with regards
Karthik