commons-user mailing list archives

From Rishikesh.Mall...@atradius.com
Subject RE: [commons configuration] Using aliases in configuration factor y
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:53:38 GMT
Thanks! Useful update to the package.

-----Original Message-----
From: Oliver Heger [mailto:oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de]
Sent: 28 June 2006 21:09
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [commons configuration] Using aliases in configuration factory

Rishikesh.Mallesh@atradius.com wrote:
> All,
>

> Question regarding configuration factory.
>

> Is it possible to define aliases in a configuration factory as shown below
-

> <configuration>
>   <properties alias="test1" fileName="test1.properties"/>
>   <xml alias="testX" fileName="test.xml"/>
>   <properties alias="test2" fileName="test2.properties "/>
> </configuration>
>

> I basically want to load data from specific named configuration files
using
> the aliases.
>

> Cheers
>
> Rishi

ConfigurationFactory does not support alias names, but in subversion
there is a new class DefaultConfigurationBuilder, which allows to assign
names to configuration sources. Documentation for this class can be
found in the updated user's guide [1].

Oliver

[1]
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/configuration/howto_configurationbuilder.h
tml#Using%20DefaultConfigurationBuilder

This message is intended for the addressee or its representative only.
Any form of unauthorized use, publication, reproduction, copying or
disclosure of the content of this e-mail is not permitted. If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail message and its contents,
please notify the sender immediately and delete this message and
all its attachments subsequently.