commons-user mailing list archives

From Cimballi <cimba...@cimballi.net>
Subject Re: [IO] writeStringToFile( File, String, String ), when File does not exist
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 18:12:12 GMT
The directory have to exists, the javadoc only talks about the file.
Form source :

public static void writeStringToFile(File file,
            String data, String encoding) throws IOException {
        OutputStream out = new FileOutputStream(file);
        try {
            IOUtils.write(data, out, encoding);
        } finally {
            IOUtils.closeQuietly(out);