commons-user mailing list archives

From "Eitan Gur" <e...@axismobile.com>
Subject RE: relative path in a jar - commons Digester
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 07:55:20 GMT
Hi all

I just noticed I wasn't clean - my question is related to the Digester project.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Eitan Gur [mailto:egur@axismobile.com]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 5:45 PM
To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: relative path in a jar

Hi all

I have a question regarding the <include> element, specifically when I want to include
a file in a jar-packed application.

I'm using JBoss application server, and I want to use digester in my application. As it's
packed in a jar (which is packed in an ear), I need to use relative paths for the rules xml
files.

I have a master rules file, and several other included files, residing in subfolders (of the
master file), something like:

foo/master.xml ->

            bar1/sub1.xml

            bar2/sub2.xml

(where bar1 and bar2 are subfolders of foo).

The master.xml should look something like this:

<digester-rules>

            <include path="[What should be the path of sub1.xml???]" />

            <include path="[What should be the path of sub2.xml???]" />

</digester-rules>

I managed to resolve the relative path issue for the master file from the source code (using
getClass().getResource()), but I don't know how to resolve this issue for the <include>
elements in the master file.

Thanks for your help.