commons-user mailing list archives

From "Eitan Gur" <e...@axismobile.com>
Subject relative path in a jar
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:44:49 GMT
Hi all

I have a question regarding the <include> element, specifically when I want to include
a file in a jar-packed application.

I'm using JBoss application server, and I want to use digester in my application. As it's
packed in a jar (which is packed in an ear), I need to use relative paths for the rules xml
files.

I have a master rules file, and several other included files, residing in subfolders (of the
master file), something like:

foo/master.xml ->

            bar1/sub1.xml

            bar2/sub2.xml

(where bar1 and bar2 are subfolders of foo).

The master.xml should look something like this:

<digester-rules>

            <include path="[What should be the path of sub1.xml???]" />

            <include path="[What should be the path of sub2.xml???]" />

</digester-rules>

I managed to resolve the relative path issue for the master file from the source code (using
getClass().getResource()), but I don't know how to resolve this issue for the <include>
elements in the master file.

Thanks for your help.