commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [commons configuration] Using aliases in configuration factory
Date Wed, 28 Jun 2006 20:08:33 GMT
Rishikesh.Mallesh@atradius.com wrote:
> All,
>

> Question regarding configuration factory.
>

> Is it possible to define aliases in a configuration factory as shown below -
>

> <configuration>
>   <properties alias="test1" fileName="test1.properties"/>
>   <xml alias="testX" fileName="test.xml"/>
>   <properties alias="test2" fileName="test2.properties "/>
> </configuration>
>

> I basically want to load data from specific named configuration files using
> the aliases.
>

> Cheers
>
> Rishi

ConfigurationFactory does not support alias names, but in subversion
there is a new class DefaultConfigurationBuilder, which allows to assign
names to configuration sources. Documentation for this class can be
found in the updated user's guide [1].

Oliver

[1]
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/configuration/howto_configurationbuilder.html#Using%20DefaultConfigurationBuilder