commons-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas De Loof <nicolas.del...@capgemini.com>
Subject [digester] how to make digester thread safe ?
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 15:26:37 GMT

Hello guys,

My app recieves an  XML doc that is parsed using commons-digester. As a
digester instance is not thread-safe, I have to build a new digester on
every incoming request based on my rules file.
Is there a way to create a "template" digester from rules and to "clone"
for a specific thread, to avoid parsing the rules on each request ?
Or is it better to use a digester pool ?

Nico.