commons-user mailing list archives

From Rizwan Merchant <>
Subject Re: FTPClient works on Windows, not on FC4
Date Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:23:43 GMT

Ftp manually from FC4 box to ftp server allows me to navigate and list

So should the client be in active or passive mode when listing/getting
files? I am guessing passive, because when i try to list manually, it
automatically enters passive mode. Please confirm.

Graeme J Sweeney wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Rizwan Merchant wrote:
>> I am not sure what kind of env the FTP server is running on. But my
>> client app is running on tomcat5.5. FPTClient can listfiles when
>> application running on Windows..but when the SAME application is
>> running on FC4, it cannot list the files on the FTP server.
> I'm guessing the target FTP server is a windows box (50:50 ;-).
> ftp manually from the FC4 box to the ftp server. Can you navigate
> successfully?
> It sounds like an active vs passive mode problem.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message