commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [Commons Configuration] Next version?
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:09:54 GMT
Michiel Kalkman wrote:
> Hi,
> I don't want to push you, but isn't it an idea to temporarily add these
> missing classes to commons-config ?
>
> That way don't have to wait for the next release, and we can benefit from
> the changes made in the last six months (?). As soon as a new version on
> commons-lang is available a release could be made that removes these
> classes.
>
> It's just a thought. If I'm indeed being simplistic, just say so.
>
> Regards,
> Michiel

I thought about that, too. I guess, it would be possible to temporarily
copy the affected classes, but we had to ensure that they don't appear
in the public API (this could be a problem because some special
VarialbeResolver implementations need to be created). I will have to
play around a bit with this approach.

However there are some other things that need to be done before a
release (e.g. addressing issues of checkstyle and related reports,
having a look at open JIRA issues, preparing a release candidate, etc.).
I don't know how much time I can spend on these things in the next weeks.

Oliver