commons-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: turning on debugging with commons logging
Date Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:41:25 GMT
Darren Hall wrote:
> Greeting all,
>

> I'm having a hard time turning on debugging in Apache struts (which is using
> commons logging).
>
> I know this should be easy to do, however I'm having a hard time finding the
> information on the web.
>
> Can anyone here tell me how to configure commons logging so that it will
> display DEBUG level statements, please (currently it displays on INFO level
> and above)?

This all depends on what underlying logging implementation that your app
or Struts is using. I haven't used Struts myself, so cannot comment on
how to configure Struts.

The general user guide for commons-logging is here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/commons-logging-1.1/guide.html

If your app is using SimpleLog then this is the good place to look:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/apidocs/org/apache/commons/logging/impl/SimpleLog.html

If your app is using JDK logging (if you are running on Java 1.4+) you
should consult the documentation for the JDK.

--
Dennis Lundberg