commons-user mailing list archives

From Tom <t...@tbee.org>
Subject Re: [Commons Configuration] idea
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 14:17:27 GMT
Thanks!

> - Property selectors (or filters) allow conditional property values.
I like the conditional properties. Hmmmm. A lot even, becase it gives a
better overview instead of separate files! So I'm going to adapt my
class to also search for this notation style, because I want a key-value
style:

host[system=production]=192.168...
LookAndFeel[user=pete]=metal

or better:

host[system:production]=192.168...
LookAndFeel[user:pete]=metal
homedir[system:production][user:pete]=\tmp\here

since that would be compatible with the Properties class.

> - Multienvironment: allows having different properties for different
> environments which can be selected by running the app with different
> system properties:

I think that I don't get multienvironment thingy completely, seems
rather complex and they use "is replaced" and I don't like that. I
prefer the bottom-up search appraoch: first try to find the definition
in the most detailled scope, if not found then find in a lesser scope,
etc (similar to the getAttribute in web application pages). And you need
to explicitely include files, instead of auto search. Plus, using a
"system=xxx" notation you can do it with conditional properties.

Tom