commons-user mailing list archives

From Steffen Späthe <stef...@spaethe.net>
Subject processing multiple, parallel requests
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 20:00:26 GMT
Hello,

first of all I am new at this mailing-list and would be very glad if
subscribers of this list could help me.

As far as I understand the life cycle of a servlet in a
tomcat-servlet-container, one instance of a servlet is created and when
a request comes in, a thread is started with the service-methode.
In my understanding should an other thread been started with the
service-methode, if the first thread is sill running and a new request
comes in. If this isn´t correct, please correct me.

If this is correct, I don´t know what i´m doing wrong... It doesn´t work
for me. Not in a really simple HttpSerlvet and not in an also simple JSP.

Has someone an hint for me?

Thank you very much,

steffen from germany