commons-user mailing list archives

From "hrjk" <har...@zeniitti.net>
Subject Re: [commons vfs]: Handling large packages, memory error
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 10:16:46 GMT
Hi again.

We haven't got rid of this issue. It seems like applying
Java.util.zip-library will handle this zip package correctly.

The zip package at hand contains up to 200 characters long paths. Can this
cause VFS problems? I know Windows has a restriction of path length to 260
characters.

We're still running into Java heap size errors. The actual zip contains a
lot of files, but is relatively small (~150Mb).

The cache should be cleared properly. We're even calling clear() in
several occasions to prevent memory errors. I can't see a way how we could
be referencing to any FileObjects longer than absolutely needed.

Any ideas?

BR,
-hrjk